Continual improvement of environmental performance is a key objective of our company.
RLP recognises the significance and value of pro-active environmental management and the need to eliminate or reduce the adverse environmental impacts of our operations to as low as possible.
The company will:
- Comply with all applicable Environmental Legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice and client requirements.
- Pursue a sympathetic and planned approach to the identification and control of operations that have the potential for environmental harm.
- Develop and implement objectives and targets along with a system for monitoring their success.
- Identify and manage significant environmental aspects and impacts of projects, work activities, plant and equipment and disposal of waste.
- Ensure that our staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities for managing the environmental aspects of our operations.
- Provide suitable resources to ensure the development and maintenance of the environmental management system for the company.
- Respond sensitively and speedily to external and internal environmental feedback and the needs and concerns of communities and interested parties.
- Communicate this environmental policy to all employees, contractors and other people representing the Company.
RLP Painting Contractors Ltd is committed to providing a high-class service that is sustainable and which aims to minimise the environmental impacts of its operations.
In order to meet our environmental sustainability commitments, we will ensure:
- That we meet and where possible, exceed all current European, environmental legislative and regulatory requirements as well as those required by the industry
- We adopt the best operational practices to reduce environmental impacts of our activities and policies
- We will take action to reduce the carbon footprint from our activities and ensure our partners are also able to adapt to environmental change
- We will monitor, manage and minimise our use of energy and water
- We will minimise the environmental impact associated with travel in connection with our business
- We will minimise the amounts of waste produced by us and our partners to encourage greater reuse and recycling
- That environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of our goods and services
- We will consider environmental factors when making decisions and activities including giving due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance when purchasing new plant and machinery
- We will encourage and develop our employees, sub contractors and partners to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner